photo the-eye-1.png photo instagram-67.png photo bloglovin-43.png photo pinterest-85.png photo tumblr-5.png



 photo eye-on-fashion.png photo eye-on-design.png photo all-eyes-one.png photo through-the-lens.png photo eye-contact.png photo portfolio-6.png

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ALL EYES ON...TIM WALKER

The image that started it all for me...





Mulberry Fall 2012 Ad Campaign














Valentino Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign

In my life, I have a handful of people who inspire me daily and have guided me on my creative path.  They include my mentor and former BG boss David Hoey, photographer Norman Parkinson, set designer Jack Fisk and the brilliant Tim Walker.  

I remember the exact moment I first laid eyes on Tim's work.  It was six years ago.  I walked over to Rizzoli Books on 57th street in New York City with my best friend Cindy.  I began to peruse the aisles and came across a table with several foreign magazine publications. I was immediately drawn to a magazine called Fotografia with one of the most beautiful photos I had ever seen on a cover.  The image depicted Lily Cole on an iron staircase with a cascading train of fabric tumbling to the ground.  With each page turn, my eyes were exposed to a collection of beautiful, whimsical, humorous and enchanting photos.  I felt an immediate connection and had a sort of a ha moment...this is what I wanted to work towards and be a part of.  Bergdorf Goodman had already been giving me the opportunity to create similar fantastical worlds in the windows but I wanted to apply that knowledge to sets in editorial and film.   

There are many great fashion photographers out there now but what sets Tim apart is his ability to not only capture a beautiful image of fashion, but also create a fairy tale-like world on the highest level of imagination.  Along with his set designer, Shona Heath, they have created beautiful work with no boundaries on imagination.  I wouldn't just classify Tim as a gifted photographer but a story teller as well. In fact, that's the name of his newest book.  It's a captivating collection of images that I would highly recommend to anyone. 

I hope you enjoy his work pictured above as much as I do and feel inspired today!

Photos via Tim Walker and Vogue

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! Amazing inspirational photos! I'm an NYC based fashion stylist/assistant with an interest in prop styling/set design and am in Tulsa for the summer. Would love to work with you on any upcoming projects while I'm here! Look forward to hearing from you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny,

      You can email me at stacysuvino@gmail.com for inquiries. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. OMG he's amazing!!!
    Amazing pictures, love them all!!

    Have a lovely day

    xoxo

    Piera Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's amazing! Thanks for your comments!

      Stacy

      Delete

 

design + development by fabulous k | logo design by paper rachel